1. You should always respect a patient’s right to confidentiality and _____ them about ______and ______ information is shared.
2. Why is it never acceptable to discuss matters relating to the patients in your care outside the clinical setting?
Answer: It is never acceptable to discuss matters relating to the patients in your care outside the clinical setting because you may be overheard and thus breach the duty of confidence you owe the patient.
3. A ________ attitude and ___________ outlook are helpful in all situations.
4. Under the ___________ of your mentor you will be able to ___________ in the care of patients.
Answer: guidance/ participate
5. How can your mentor help your learning?
Answer: Your mentor can help your learning by supporting you, explaining in simple terms what is happening and why, translating unknown terminology and unaccustomed practice, act as your role model and assist you to develop into a Registered Nurse.
6. Whilst on placement you will find many of the registered nurses, the ___________assistants, other student _____________, qualified healthcare ___________ and students will be happy to _________ things to you.
Answer: Healthcare/ nurses/professionals/ explain
7. As a student nurse it is important to apply a holistic approach to ________ as well as your patients.
8. How will effectively managing your time assist you?
Answer: Effectively managing your time will enable your professional life to run much more smoothly and you will be far less stressed.
9. The key to successfully managing your time is to be __________.
10. Why can it be difficult to determine whether care is good?
Answer: It can be difficult to determine whether care is good because care can be delivered in ways that are different to what you have been taught, but this can be just as acceptable.
11. If you are unsure whether care is good remember the ___ and the importance of treating all patients with ______ and kindness.
Answers: 6Cs/ dignity
12. You must, at all times, _____ out if you witness what you think is bad care.
13. What is the first responsibility of a nurse at all times?
Answer: The first responsibility of a nurse, at all times, is to patients.
14. The best way to learn how patients feel about illness is to _____ them.
15. Understanding what it means to act as a ____________ is fundamental to being a _____________ nursing student.
Answer: professional/ successful