1. Lord Darzi stated that high quality care in the NHS is achieved if it is safe, effective and provides a _________ ___________ __________.
Answer: positive patient experience
2. Effective healthcare must be based on __________ if it is to deliver improved outcomes for clients and patients.
3. Clinical Governance is about doing the _____ thing, at the _____ time, by the _____ person.
4. Efficient healthcare requires maximum use of __________.
5. Accessible healthcare must be both _______ and within a reasonable __________.
Answer: timely, distance
6. Patient-centred health care must take into account service users _________ and their _______.
Answer: preferences, culture
7. Equitable healthcare ensures that the _______ delivered is the same regardless of personal characteristics such as gender, race, ethnicity, geographical location, or socioeconomic status.
8. Safe health care minimizes both _____ and _____to service users.
Answer: risks, harm
9. The most common reason for failures in healthcare are a focus on _________ rather than on quality.
10. Clinical audit reviews care against explicit _______ to improve patient outcomes.
11. The involvement of service users and the public to improve health care services is known as _______ _____ _________ _________.
Answer: Patient and Public Involvement
12. The focus of risk management is on ______ practice.
13. To achieve clinical effectiveness __________, ____________ and National Service Frameworks are used to ensure care is based on the best evidence.
Answer: standards, protocols
14. As a student you should never undertake activities that are outside your level of ________ .
15. Record keeping must be both accurate and _______.