After reading this chapter, you will be able to:
1. Distinguish the types of informative presentations.
2. Identify strategies for achieving successful informative presentations.
3. Distinguish the types of persuasive presentations.
4. Identify how a speech to convince might influence preexisting beliefs and attitudes of an audience.
5. Identify how a speech to actuate might influence audience behavior.
6. Explain the artistic proofs.
7. Describe how the social judgment theory can influence persuasive attempts.