SAGE Journal Articles
Click on the following links. Please note these will open in a new window.
This article examines the impact of romantic formation in a long term relationship. The changes and process of communication are examined in a prosocial framework. Behaviors are looked at from two different perspectives as the research continued for a period of years.
- How is prosocial behavior influenced by long term commitments?
- Explain the meaning of prosocial behavior.
- Discuss the stages of formation in a long term relationship.
- Discuss potential communication problems in romantic relationships over a period of time.
This article deals with fair and equal treatment of people in all types of relationships. Friendship is explored as well as business, co-worker, and long-term romantic relationships. Hofstede’s cultural dimension is explored in terms of individual and collective cultures. Cultural values are examined in terms of equity in relationships.
- Discuss the idea of fairness in friendship and co-worker relationships.
- Explain the process for equity in long term relationships.
- Discuss the individual in a collective culture.
- Discuss the dimension of Hofstede’s values.