Multiple choice questions
Varimax rotation should be used when:
- You believe that the underlying factors will be correlated.
- You believe that the underlying factors are non-orthogonal.
- You believe that the underlying factors are independent.
- Kaiser’s criterion is met.
Answer: You believe that the underlying factors are independent
A Cronbach’s alpha value of .85 for a questionnaire means that:
- The questionnaire is valid.
- The questionnaire has good reliability.
- The questionnaire has too few items.
- The questionnaire would produce different scores if used on the same people at two different points in time.
Answer: The questionnaire has good reliability
Kaiser criterion for retaining factors is:
- Retain any factor with an eigenvalue greater than 1.
- Retain any factor with an eigenvalue greater than 0.3.
- Retain factors before the point of inflexion on a scree plot.
- Retain factors with communalities greater than 0.7.
Answer: Retain any factor with an eigenvalue greater than 1
Which of these is a form of oblique rotation?
What is a latent variable?
- It is a variable that cannot be measured directly.
- It is another name for a factor.
- Latent variables represent clusters of variables that correlate highly with each other.
- All of these are correct.
Answer: All of these are correct