Multiple choice questions
Which of the following statistical tests allows causal inferences to be made?
- Analysis of variance
- None of these, it’s the design of the research that determines whether causal inferences can be made.
Answer: None of these, it’s the design of the research that determines whether causal inferences can be made
R2 is known as the:
- Coefficient of determination.
- Multiple correlation coefficient.
- Partial correlation coefficient.
- Semi-partial correlation coefficient.
Answer: Coefficient of determination
Which of the following statements about outliers is not true?
- Outliers are values very different from the rest of the data.
- Influential cases will always show up as outliers.
- Outliers have an effect on the mean.
- Outliers have an effect on regression parameters.
Answer: Influential cases will always show up as outliers
For which regression assumption does the Durbin–Watson statistic test?
- Independence of errors
Answer: Independence of errors
What is b0 in regression analysis?
- The value of the outcome when all of the predictors are 0.
- The relationship between a predictor and the outcome variable.
- The value of the predictor variable when the outcome is zero.
- The gradient of the regression line.
Answer: The value of the outcome when all of the predictors are 0