Multiple choice questions
Quizzes are available to test your understanding of the key concepts covered in each chapter. Click on the quiz below to get started.
1. Below is a histogram of ratings of Britney Spears’s CD, Britney. What can we say about the data from this histogram?
- The data are normally distributed.
- The median rating was 2.
- The modal score is 5.
- The data are leptokurtic.
The correct answer is c) The modal score is 5. This is because the tallest bar represents the mode, and this bar is for a rating of 5.
2. In a small data sample (N = 20), what can we say about a z-score of 2.37?
- It is significant at p < .05
- It is significant at p < .001
- It is significant at p < .01
- It is non-significant
The correct answer is a) It is significant at p < .05. This is because an absolute value greater than 1.96 is significant at p < .05, above 2.58 is significant at p < .01 and above 3.29 is significant at p < .001