After reading this chapter, you should be able to:
1. Construct a simple frequency distribution for grouped and ungrouped data.
2. Determine whether data should be grouped or ungrouped.
3. Identify when it is appropriate to distribute the cumulative frequency, relative frequency, relative percent, cumulative relative frequency, and cumulative percent.
4. Identify percentile points and percentile ranks in a cumulative percent distribution.
5. Construct and interpret graphs for distributions of continuous data.
6. Construct and interpret graphs for distributions of discrete data.
7. Construct frequency distributions for quantitative and categorical data using SPSS.
8. Construct histograms, bar charts, and pie charts using SPSS.