1. Explain the strengths and weaknesses of omnibus surveys.
2. Explain the problem of sampling on the dependent variable.
3. Discuss the advantages and disadvantages of including “Don’t know” and neutral responses among response choices and of using open-ended questions.
4. List the different methods for improving survey questions.
5. Outline a cover letter for a survey that contains each of the required elements.
6. List the strengths and weaknesses of each mode of survey design, giving particular attention to response rates.
7. Discuss the key ethical issues in survey research.