1. Explain the meaning of an emic focus and of an etic focus in research and their relevance to qualitative data analysis.
2. Compare and contrast the use of narrative analysis and conversation analysis.
3. Describe the grounded theory approach and its role in data collection.
4. Identify changes in the social world that have led to the growth of visual sociology.
5. Give an example of the value of using more than one method of analyzing qualitative data in a project.
6. Discuss the ways in which computer-aided qualitative data analysis can facilitate research.
7. List three ethical issues that should be given special attention in qualitative data analysis.