1. Describe the design of the Milgram obedience experiments and some of the controversies surrounding its methods and results.
2. Identify three other research projects that helped motivate the establishment of human subjects’ protections.
3. Define the Belmont Report’s three ethical standards for the protection of human subjects.
4. Explain the role of an institutional review board.
5. List current standards for the protection of human subjects in research.
6. Define debriefing, and review the controversy about the Milgram research.