1. Identify the strengths and weaknesses of alternative research designs.
2. Understand how to systematically evaluate research reports.
3. Explain the goals and challenges to keep in mind when writing a proposal.
4. Compare and contrast the different types of reports, and know which to use to address specific needs.
5. Identify unique problems that must be overcome in writing student papers, theses, applied research reports, and journal articles.
6. List the major sections of a research report.
7. Understand the importance of revising and peer review in writing.
8. Identify major steps in the review of research reports.
9. Be aware of the problem of plagiarism.