After reading this chapter, you should be able to:
- Describe the role that law plays in democratic society.
- Explain the role of Congress and the courts in establishing the judiciary.
- Evaluate Hamilton's claim that the judiciary was the "least dangerous branch of government" in light of the power it wields.
- Outline the institutional rules and political influences that shape the Supreme Court and the decisions it makes.
- Describe the relationship between citizens and the courts in America.