Apply your knowledge of research design and its classifications (purpose/objective by time dimension) to understand nonexperimental quantitative designs in a business context. Use the design criteria, the 3 × 3 matrix, and examples of business studies to select a design for your project.
- Discuss how the research question affects the choice of design.
- Define the essential components of research design.
- Assess the role of manipulation of variables in nonexperimental quantitative design.
- Justify why design should not be confused with a method.
- Advocate why a coherent classification of design assists students and practitioners.
- Discuss the criteria used to evaluate business designs.
- Describe the 3 × 3 matrix created to classify business studies using the study’s purpose/objective and the time dimension.