After reading this chapter, you should be able to do the following:
- Describe American political culture and explain how it has evolved over time.
- Understand political socialization and the sources through which Americans learn their values.
- Identify the ways in which different groups affect public opinion and politics in general.
- Evaluate the factors that bring about changes in public opinion.
- Explain how ideologies acquire their structure.
- Explore the different methods by which public opinion can be measured.