SAGE Research Methods Video
SAGE Research Methods videos feature a variety of academics and researchers, including author John Creswell, delving deeper into research topics, concepts, and case studies. Watch the videos and check your understanding by answering the questions below. (Answers available on separate tab.)
Click on the following links. Please note these will open in a new window.
This video provides information on reading an empirical research article, including what to expect in all major sections.
1. Which of the following is a key element of the abstract?
- review of literature
- research question
- significance of results
2. You are conducting a literature review and reading a quantitative article related to your topic. Which of the following is the most important question to ask when critically reading a method section?
- Does the study have at least 100 individuals in the sample?
- Would I have enough information to repeat this study?
- Does the method section include a hypothesis?
- Can I identify the participants in the study?