Learning aims have been provided to help keep track of the key concepts you need to master in each chapter.
- understand the cognitive, affective and behavioural components of moral development
- be familiar with the major theories of moral development
- be able to identify the emotional aspects of morality, including guilt and empathy, and recognize the importance of self-regulation and self-control
- appreciate the determinants of prosocial development, including biological and environmental influences
- understand the current theories explaining the development of aggression in children