SAGE Journal Articles
Click on the following links - please note these will open in a new window
Ueno, K. (2010). Mental health differences between young adults with and without same-sex contact: A simultaneous examination of underlying mechanisms. Journal of Health and Social Behavior, 51(4), 391-407.
- Identify the basic research question as stated by Ueno.
- Find an example of a descriptive and an inferential statistic in Euno’s article.
- How did Ueno use probability as a part of this research?
Ramirez-Valles, J., Kuhns, L.M., Campbell, R.T., and Diaz, R.M. (2010). Social integration and health: Community involvement, stigmatized identities, and sexual risk in Latino sexual minorities. Journal of Health and Social Behavior, 51(1), 30-47.
- What type of sampling method did the authors use to determine their sample?
Mollburn, S.and Morningstar, E. (2009). Investigating the relationship between teenage childbearing and psychological distress using longitudinal evidence. Journal of Health and Social Behavior, 50(3), 310-326.
- Identify the basic research question as stated by the authors.
- Identify a dependent variable and independent variable.
- Identify the level of measurement of each.
- Find an example of a descriptive and an inferential statistic.
- Describe the sampling technique used in the Mollburn et al.article. What kind of sampling method did the original researchers use? Why?