SAGE Journal Articles
Click on the following links - please note these will open in a new window
Sabina, C.& Tindale, R.S. (April 2008). Abuse Characteristics and Coping Resources as Predictors of Problem-Focused Coping Strategies Among Battered Women. Violence Against Women, 14(4), 437-456.
- Using the multiple regression results presented in Table 3, identify the significant predictors of "help seeking".
- As indicated on page 447, the overall model as presented in Table 3 has an overall R2 of .24.Using this information, how well do the factors accounted for in Table 3 predict "help seeking"?
Sirin, S. R., & Rogers-Sirin, L. (March 2004). Exploring school engagement of middle-class African American adolescents. Youth & Society, 35(3), 323-340.
- What is the relationship between school engagement, educational expectation, self-esteem and parental factors? Answer these questions using Table 2; Interpret the correlations using PRE framework.
- How well do each of the factors mentioned in the article predict academic performance? Use R2 presented in Table 3 to answer this question.
Vick, R. M. and Packard, W. (2008). Academic success strategy use among community-active urban Hispanic adolescents. Hispanic Journal of Behavioral Sciences, 30(4), 463-480.
- Were the authors’ original hypotheses proven or disproven?
- Are there any questions that you may have added to the measures on page 468?
- Examine Table 1 on page 472. If this table were presented as is on an exam, would you be able to interpret the significant findings and provide a summary?