1. Imagine that your state has a law on the ballot that would legalize assisted suicide, following the model of Oregon, Vermont, or Washington’s law. Would you vote for or against the ballot question? Why? Would the conditions necessary for the legality of assisted suicide described in Oregon’s law influence your vote? Why or why not? Why do you think most of those who participated in the Death with Dignity program in Oregon were whites with college degrees?
2. Think of the last time you or someone close to you was seriously ill. What were the repercussions of the illness on the micro level? How did these repercussions relate to health care issues on the meso and macro levels?
3. What are three ways social class impacts health? Describe how social class has impacted your health and the health of your family members.
4. Do you think health care is a human right? Why or why not? How can inequality in health care negatively impact a society?
5. If you were a policy maker, how might you try to curb binge drinking or smoking among college students?