1. As you were growing up, did your parents encourage you to try to influence your local community or society? Why or why not? Was their perspective on power more like the pluralist or elite theoretical perspective? Explain. How have their views about power influenced your own?
2. Is your family of origin part of what G. William Domhoff refers to as the “power elite”? What makes you think so? Are you a member of the power elite? Why or why not? If you are not, what do you think your chances are of becoming a member of the power elite? Why?
3. Do you think that large corporations have undue influence over the U.S. government? Why or why not?
4. If you had the choice, would you rather live in a society with a planned/centralized economic system or market/capitalist economic system? Why?
5. How do conflict theorists explain terrorism? Do you agree? Why or why not? How would you suggest the U.S. government try to stem terrorism? What theoretical perspective do you think is most helpful in terms of understanding and dealing with terrorism? Why?