- What do policy outcomes tell us about who has effective representation and power in a political system?
- Why do states intervene in the market via social, health, and environmental policies?
- Why have many governments pursued significant reforms to welfare states in the era of globalization?
- Why have states found it so difficult to reform health policy and control costs?
- Where and why did more effective welfare and health systems emerge, and can the most effective ones be replicated in other countries?