After finishing this chapter, you should be able to:
- Understand the scope of the global health field.
- Describe the difference between a “global health security” and a “humanitarian biomedicine” approach to global health.
- Cite some specific global health outcomes in the world.
- Analyze how and why inequalities in health outcomes exist across countries.
- Discuss the ways in which inside-out and outside-in interactions shape global health.
- Consider how global forces, in particular global markets, governance, and information and communications technology (ICT), are shaping global health now and for the future.
- Understand the current state of the global HIV and AIDS pandemic.
- Articulate some specific improvements in HIV and AIDS access to treatment and care.