1. Recognize how Lance Armstrong’s story confirms the conventional wisdom that people who cheat are morally weak.
2. Describe the prevalence of doping in sports.
3. Explain how the winner-take-all society concept offers a sociological perspective on cheating across different settings.
4. Discuss how the use of various common drugs resembles the use of performance-enhancing drugs by athletes but is not considered cheating.
5. Explain how the medicalization of certain conditions supports the winner-take-all mindset.
6. Discuss how cheating can be understood as an affirmation of mainstream American values.