Click on the following links. Please note these will open in a new window.
- Responding to Mental Health Crisis
This video provides an example of how an emergency response team (family, police, psychiatric services and health services) responds to a mental health crisis
- Acute grief from Responding to Crisis in the Aftermath of Disasters
This video provides an example of how a helper responds to a person who has recently experienced an unexpected and traumatic death of a family member. The helper demonstrates listening skills, normalization, and psychoeducation regarding trauma.
- Breathing Techniques from Responding to Crisis in the Aftermath of Disaster
This video offers a role play that demonstrates a helper practicing breathing techniques with an individual who has recently experienced a disaster.
- After Aurora Shooting, A ‘New Way of Responding’ to Mental Crisis
This article describes new ideas for responding to crisis that increases mobility and the continuum for care.
- Trauma Workers Find Solace in A Pause That Honors Life After A Death
This audio clip describes a new emerging practice for nurses and doctors working in emergency settings to take a moment of silence after a death.