After studying this chapter, you will be able to do the following:
- Explain how politics is subject to a variety of “nonpolitical” agents.
- Describe how the physical characteristics and limitations of our world affect politics.
- Describe some of our basic human characteristics and how they affect the political world.
- Explore how things like economics, religion, race, ethnicity, science and technology, and history influence the building of our political communities.
- Discuss how culture can affect politics.