After studying this chapter, you will be able to do the following:
- Identify five key themes in politics.
- Discuss the theme of political obligation and the moral life.
- Discuss Madison’s struggle for a creative breakthrough resolving the tension between liberty and authority in political life.
- Discuss the burden of freedom in political life.
- Discuss the perils of choice in the nuclear age.
- Recognize the value of accurate information and reasonable assumptions in political decision-making.