Click on the following links. Please note these will open in a new window.
- CI: Confidential Informants
This video clip explores the use of paid and confidential informants in Memphis, TN.
- GIS: On the Job—Crime Analyst
This video clip shows how the Alexandria City (VA) Police Department crime analysts use GIS to help police officers analyze and prevent crimes.
- The Case of a Confidential Informant Gone Wrong
This audio clip tells the story of Guillermo Eduardo Ramirez Peyro who worked as a confidential informant with several federal agencies.
- Confidential Informers Play Complex Role for Federal Bureau of Investigation
This audio clip discusses a case the New York City Police Department built against an individual suspected of building bombs to detonate in New York City.
- What Is Crime Analysis?
This Internet article on the International Association of Crime Analysts, explains crime analysis as both a technique and a profession.
- Chapter 3: The Attorney General's Guidelines Regarding the Use of Confidential Informants
This Internet article from the Office of the Inspector General discusses the benefits, risks, and best practices for using confidential informants.