Click on the following links. Please note these will open in a new window.
- Identifying Police Officers at Risk of Adverse Events
This videotaped lecture by Joe Walsh, Center for Data Science and Public Policy, University of Chicago, on the Charlotte-Mecklenberg Police Department’s Early Intervention System.
- New Program in Dayton to Deal With Police Complaints
This news report highlights a new proposal put in place by the Dayton Police Department called the Officer/Citizen Mediation Project.
- Database Shows Complaints Against Chicago Officer Charged in Teen’s Death
This NPR audio clip includes Ari Shapiro talking with Jamie Kalven, cofounder of the Invisible Institute, which with the University of Chicago put together a database of police misconduct in Chicago.
- Police Are Learning to Accept Civilian Oversight, But Distrust Lingers
This NPR audio clip discusses the use of civilian review boards for complaints against the police.
- Police Integrity
The National Institute of Justice website discusses police integrity and includes links to current and recent research on the topic.
- Citizen Review of Police: Approaches and Implementation
This National Institute of Justice Issues and Practices Report by Peter Finn discusses the use of citizen review boards.