- Explore the role of politics in modern Supreme Court nomination proceedings.
- Describe the structure and powers of the federal judiciary as laid out in the Constitution.
- Explain John Marshall’s development of judicial review in the Supreme Court decision in Marbury v. Madison.
- Describe the structure of the American legal system and the federal judiciary.
- Compare theories of judicial decision making as well as arguments for or against judicial restraint and activism in constitutional review.