Welcome to the SAGE edge site for the fourth edition of Health Psychology by Marks, Murray, Evans and Estacio.
SAGE edge for students provides a personalized approach to help you accomplish your coursework goals in an easy-to-use learning environment and features elements such as:
- Learning Objectives for each chapter to reinforce the most important material
- Mobile-friendly eFlashcards which strengthen understanding of key terms and concepts—Coming soon!
- Mobile-friendly Interactive quizzes that allow you to access your understanding of key chapter concepts
- Links to videos that offer a new perspective on the material covered in the book
SAGE Edge for Instructors supports teaching by making it easy to integrate quality content and create a rich learning environment for students. SAGE Edge offers:
- PowerPoint slides featuring figure and tables from the book which can be downloaded and used in presentations
- A testbank that provides a range of multiple choice and short answer answers which can be edited and used access student progress and understanding
About the book:
As a student of Health Psychology you will need to understand how to evaluate and critically-appraise the latest theory and research before it can be applied. This fully-revised and updated fourth edition takes a critical approach and places Health Psychology in a real-world context, enabling you to understand how public policy, theory and research can influence communities and individuals alike.
The new edition includes:
- A new chapter on diet and obesity
- Updated material on stress and coping, doctor-patient communication, death, dying, bereavement and quality of life
- Introductions to the social, political and economic conditions that influence our health
Breadth of coverage from social inequality through to chronic illness and screening
This website may contain links to both internal and external websites. All links included were active at the time the website was launched. SAGE does not operate these external websites and does not necessarily endorse the views expressed within them. SAGE cannot take responsibility for the changing content or nature of linked sites, as these sites are outside of our control and subject to change without our knowledge. If you do find an inactive link to an external website, please try to locate that website by using a search engine. SAGE will endeavour to update inactive or broken links when possible.
Access resources that are only available to Faculty and Administrative Staff.
Want to explore the book further?