Learning outcomes for each chapter have been provided to help keep track of the key concepts you need to master in each chapter.
1. Describe the role of the nervous system in maintaining homeostasis
2. Describe the different kinds of nervous tissue and their roles
3. Explain how nerve cells communicate
4. Outline the structures and divisions of the nervous system, including the role of functional areas
5. Describe how the brain and spinal cord are protected and nourished
6. Discuss the interface between the nervous system, cognition and mental health