Learning outcomes for each chapter have been provided to help keep track of the key concepts you need to master in each chapter.
1. Outline the processes involved in prenatal development leading to embryo and placental formation and foetal development
2. Describe the major changes in transition to independent life
3. Identify major characteristics of growth and development in childhood
4. Differentiate between puberty and adolescence and specify the changes which take place during puberty
5. Identify the stages of adulthood and ageing
6. Specify the main changes which occur in the different systems of the body through adulthood