Test your understanding of key chapter concepts by working through this quiz. You can check your answer by clicking on the arrow to the right or on what you think the correct answer is. The correct answer will then be revealed for that question.
1. Which organ contains thousands of oocytes?
2. Where does a baby (foetus) grow and develop inside of the mother?
- uterine tube
3. Where does the sperm cell fertilise an egg cell inside of the female’s body?
- uterine tube
d. uterine tube
4. When parts of the endometrium break away and slowly flow from the vagina over a period of 3 to 8 days it is called
5. Raised level of this hormone in urine indicates a woman is pregnant
- human chorionic gonadotrophin
- vas deferens
6. The period of about six weeks after birth is termed
- first trimester
- second trimester
- third trimester
7. The hormone which is raised during labour and contracts the myometrium during parturition is
8. Ovulation is caused by which hormone?
- follicular stimulating hormone
- luteinising hormone
a. follicular stimulating hormone
9. What is the name of the vesicle at the tip of a sperm cell that contains enzymes that will help the sperm cell penetrate an egg cell it encounters?
- Sertoli cell
10. The correct sequence of sexual response is
- orgasm, excitement, resolution, plateau
- orgasm, resolution, plateau, arousal
- arousal, plateau, orgasm, resolution
- plateau, orgasm, resolution, excitement, arousal
c. arousal, plateau, orgasm, resolution