Learning outcomes for each chapter have been provided to help keep track of the key concepts you need to master in each chapter.
1. Describe the different components of the innate immune system and their function in protection of the body
2. Identify the different cell types of the adaptive immune system and their varying functions in protection against infection
3. Explain how the different parts of the immune system interact, and how the nervous and endocrine systems and the gut microbiome influence the function of the endocrine system
4. Discuss how the immune system can be manipulated to aid health
5. Describe how inappropriate functioning of the immune system can interrupt normal functioning of the body